20 April 2009

Mindlessness

Irretraceable, yet memorable, the time allotted
seems to be the only thing that keeps me tripping
on the track of life, I stand alone and wonder what today
will bring to me and if I'm living or
if by chance I follow plans, leaving pure existence at hand,
dragging me down several stories.
And stories seem to fade away, with every passing moment
and lost memory. So let me ask you, may I sit and stay a while,
just observe the scenery?
Three days gone again, my friend, and we're all lying home in bed
with no intent of moving forward.
But getting ahead's impossible. Let's catch up to what we've got
in front of us and then we'll think straight.
This is just another attempt at getting points across to the audience,
the one that takes in God knows what,
and appreciates a shit ton less than what we told them.
One day, I'll show them.
Damn it, what's the point in this?
You'll probably criticize the hell out of this and tell me,
"You need to work on this."
Well, right now is not the time to revise, but rather the time to realize
that I'm not the only one whose life is passing by.
You, yourself, should check your watch and enjoy your time before it's lost.
Whoops, there it goes again. Thirty minutes, half past ten.
Get some sleep and rest your head for the oh so exciting day ahead,
because it's quite identical to the one you just went through a little while ago.
Isn't that exciting?

No comments:

Post a Comment