22 February 2010

Fickle Spirals

Distant glow--
don't blow it out.
This flammable infatuation is
sanctified and dripping patience.
But patients wear thin
when false prescriptions
after false prescriptions
tarnish their beings and leave them bleeding.
Side effects kick in, to start,
and this heavy heart pounds without rhythm.
But you transpose my blood flow
with that distant glow and you send me
spinning and stumbling
down fickle spirals that twist and turn
with us intertwined between the lines,
but the lines split open
and spit out whole truths and half truths
and lies, in spite of that lack of lines.
Because lines divide us, but never truly.
Now I'm upside down, focused on the ground,
fighting gravity with everything in me.
But I'm losing this fight
'cause my only goal is my only enemy.
So let's follow the rules and be closer than friends,
ignore the bends and just trust me
in this.
You're what I'm fighting for and
you're worth some pain,
but if the strain is useless, tell me now, because until you do,
I'm not giving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment