07 May 2010

no goodbyes

"this isn't goodbye"

and last night I hoped those words were truer
than anything you've ever allowed your lips to let go for my ears to
steal from others' reach

"don't forget me"
and in your eyes I saw those words
drop your heart on a string and around your face were sayings like
"things like that don't happen for us" and
I believe you

'cause every time your tongue curled and your mouth moved
to push out your soul in verbal execution
I heard nothing but the look in your mind
and you know
I believe you

and I believe the letters on that second-to-last page
because they came from you
and you've typed to me a thousand times
"I love you"
but the way your fingers gripped the pen and the obvious force
you put on the page means more to me
than silly uniform font faces
'cause in your written statements
I see your own face and it reminds me that

some days, you're all I need

so please don't let this be goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment